Rates, Policies & General Information
Please note our cottages are designed for one or two adults only and are not suitable for children.
A 2-night minimum stay is required ANYTIME, 3 nights on certain holidays and special event weekends (see below). We DO NOT accept 1-night stays.
Weekends (Friday - Sunday):
$195/night for the Deerfield & Twinleaf Cottages
$210/night for the Bayberry Cottage
Midweek (Monday - Thursday):
$180/night for the Deerfield & Twinleaf Cottages
$195/night for the Bayberry Cottage
Holidays & College Events: Weekend rates apply
Full week (7 nights):
$1,200 for the Deerfield & Twinleaf Cottages
$1,300 for the Bayberry Cottage
All rates are subject to 5.3% Virginia sales tax and 7% Rockbridge County occupancy tax.
Holiday & special event weekends in 2016 that require a 3-night minimum stay (Note: All 3 nights are at the weekend rates):
W&L U. Graduation, W&L U. Parents' Weekend & Columbus Day Weekend. *Dates may be adjusted for any 3 night stay.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
- 50% deposit upon reservation with the balance due at check-in
- A credit card number is required for security
- Payment accepted in cash or by check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card
- Cancellation policy: A full refund, less a $20 service charge, will be made if cancellation is received at least fourteen (14) days prior to the reservation date, thirty (30) days for holidays, special events and during the month of October. If cancellation is made within fourteen (or 30) days, we will either (1) refund your deposit, less the service charge, if we are able to rebook the dates, or (2) issue a gift certificate in the amount of the deposit good toward a future stay of greater than two (2) nights in the event we are unable to rebook the dates. This gift certificate will be valid for one (1) year from the date of cancellation and may not be used on holidays, special event dates or in October. Sorry, there are no refunds for late arrivals or early departures.
- Phone calls to our office are received from 8 a.m.to 6 p.m. 7 days
- Severe Weather Policy: In the event the weather forecasts indicate an imminent threat or strong chance of severe weather, we reserve the right to: (1) Cancel your reservation should you be scheduled to arrive on or before the day of the weather event is predicted to occur. In this case we would hope to reschedule your visit to an alternate date. If an alternate date is not feasible, you will be refunded in full. (2) Request you vacate the cottage as soon as possible to prevent you from being stranded and unable to get out. You will be refunded in full for any unused portion of your stay. In all cases there will be no financial penalties. This policy applies mostly to inclement winter weather. However, it also applies to any other type of severe weather event.
Directions to and the location of Autumn Ridge are disclosed only upon reservation. We do this to protect the seclusion of our property and the privacy of our guests, a policy which has been very much appreciated by all our guests. When you reserve, we will send very detailed directions. Most mapping programs do not correctly direct you to Autumn Ridge as we are located on a private lane off of a country road. Our printed directions will get you there!
- Cottages are designed for a maximum of 2 adults only. Sorry, we do not accept children (Infants are welcome!).
- Open all year
- 2-night minimum-stay required
- 3-night minimum-stay required on certain holiday and special event weekends.
- NO SMOKING PERMITTED INSIDE COTTAGES
- NO OUTSIDE VISITORS PERMITTED. Students are welcome to visit with parents staying with us.
- PETS - In order to maintain our high standards of cleanliness, we must adhere to our no-pet policy.
- Check-in time: 4 p.m. Earlier check-in as early as noontime MAY be available if not occupied the night before.
- Check-out time: 11 a.m.
What we supply:
- All bed and bath linens
- Toilet tissue, Kleenex, paper towels, napkins, coffee filters and trash bags
- Complimentary soap, shampoo and hand lotion
- Dishes, glasses and flatware
- Pots, pans and assorted cooking utensils
- Assorted other kitchen and dining accessories
- Iron, ironing board and hair dryer
- Salt, pepper, sugar and complimentary starter supply of coffee and tea bags
- Firewood (in season, typically October through April or as temperatures warrant. Fireplaces are not available for use in the off season.) IT IS NOW OFF SEASON THROUGH OCTOBER 8TH.